Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Musical Lunch Hours

As I've shared with many of you, my new job with the University is quite different from my last with the Airline. I now have a 35 hour work week which includes a 1 hour lunch. Quite a shift from the lunch at my desk that made up the last 5 years of my career.

And because I work at a University, there's always lots going on and often over the lunch hour. To date, I've seen a number of different music concerts and am loving every minute of it. Here are some highlights.
The first concert was the University of Bristol Laptop Band. Yes, they played their laptops and made . . . music? I'll admit it was a little out there for me, but still a fun way to spend a lunch hour. And interesting to hear how the School of Music is researching and pushing the limits.

This is the Victoria Rooms building - home of the School of Music and where a number of the concerts take place. A 5 minute walk from my desk so couldn't be more perfectly placed.

When not in the Victoria rooms, the concerts are often at St. Paul's Church, just up the street. I've seen a chamber orchestra group, a piano/organ concert, and a choral concert so far. The acoustics are nice and it's a cute little venue for the concerts.

This was back in the Victoria Rooms and was a piano duo concert. Apparently one of the most famous piano duet teams in the UK and known throughout the world. It was a very nice concert and reminded me of the duets I used to play with my brother way back when. (well, they were a little better than we were!)

No comments:

Post a Comment