Monday, December 21, 2020

The Re-entry series: So many electrical outlets!

One of my ongoing frustrations with living abroad was the fact that neither UAE nor UK allow electrical outlets to be installed in a bathroom. This has meant that I need to do my hair in a different room away from the sink and with some kind of make shift mirror (I know, first world problems).

So, one of my joys at coming back to the US are those lovely outlets in bathrooms! I can blow dry my hair, charge my electric toothbrush and Brian's can use his beard trimmer without leaving the bathroom! It's the little things people, it really is.

Now I was anticipating that joy, but what I've also come to notice and appreciate is that in general there are just a lot more outlets. When wanting plug in the laptop or the vacuum or my phone charger, I just need to lean over and there's an outlet near by. In our kitchen in Bristol, we had one of those multi plugs and still had to unplug the coffee maker to plug in the kettle. I'm not sure I'll even need a multi plug here.

hahaha Heaven! 

No comments:

Post a Comment