Saturday, June 10, 2017

Random couple of days in beautiful Bristol

I know, you're probably sick of me talking about how beautiful it is here, but I'm inspired to take photos often at random times during the day and then inspired to share them with you. Part of it is the difference from Abu Dhabi and part of it is just that this climate and greenery is absolutely perfect for me. We were recently in hot, dusty Malta on vacation, and while I loved the trip, I was so happy to get 'home' to green Bristol. And so, you will just have to suffer through my numerous photos and romantic gushing about the place.

I had training on Thursday and Friday in another building so plugged the location into Google Maps and ended up on this lovely 15 minute walk through a park and some hidden alleyways to get to the building. What a treat! Usually the route is along the busy city streets, but this was not only a shortcut but beautiful as well. The weather was pretty overcast both days with pouring rain at times - luckily, I managed to miss the rain showers.



The next photo is Cabot Tower which must have some great views of the city. I was there before it opened for visitors so will need to go back some time with Brian and check it out. Hopefully on a sunny day where the photos will be even better.


Around a corner on a small alley kind of street, there is a Banksy! If you're not familiar, Banksy is an anonymous and famous street artist (he? she? they?) that started in Bristol. This one has a plastic protector to ensure it doesn't get vandalized.

For lunch, I went back through the park and found a nice spot to eat my sandwich. It was overcast and a bit chilly, but how wonderful to have lunch outside in a park!

Random brick wall and tunnel below. It's one of the things I love most about living here - the old buildings and surprises you'll find tucked away in corners. Didn't have time to explore as I had to get back to class.

By evening the sun had come out so Brian and I decided to meet up for dinner at our favourite burger and cider place on the harbour. This is near where we stayed when we first arrived so holds a special little place in our hearts . . . okay, not really, it's all about the burger and cider!

The door is always open! We have a spare room with a double-bed or lots of lodging options closer to the city centre. You can fly into the Bristol airport or into London and take the train. If you 'fancy a visit' just let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment