Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Welcome to our next chapter

Welcome to my new blog designed to entertain you with tales from the rain puddle - aka Bristol, UK which is where we are now living. If you'd like to start at the beginning, feel free to check out my previous blog, Abu Dhabi Adventures which follows our 5 1/2 years in Abu Dhabi, UAE and all the travel we did while living there. I worked for an airline and we took full advantage of my discounts!

For any newcomers, let me introduce myself. My husband and I grew up in small towns outside of Madison, Wisconsin in the US and had the travel bug early on. We currently have 2 cats - one who relocated with us to Abu Dhabi and now to Bristol and one we picked up in Abu Dhabi. Brian works for a US company and manages their international office (first Dubai and Saudi Arabia and now Bristol). I'm a Learning & Development leader and will be looking for work in Bristol. We love to travel and the expat life has been good for us so rather than head home after our Abu Dhabi adventure, we decided to try out the UK.

So here we are and so far, Bristol is even better than I expected. Let's start with the arrival tale.

Brian, I and the cats met up in London and had a rental to make the 3-ish hour drive to Bristol. Despite driving on the opposite side of the road, the drive was beautiful and pretty easy.


Look at all that green!

We're in temp housing in city centre for the next month or until we find a more permanent place to live. I'll begin the house hunt right away while Brian starts work. 

More to come . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment